Excellence in colloid and interface research & innovations for better quality of life
The project “Excellence in colloid and interface research & innovations for better quality of life“, coordinated by Sofia University “St. Kliment Ohridski” is funded by the Ministry of Education and Science under the National Program “European Science Networks”. It involves researchers from the Faculty of Chemistry and Pharmacy, the Faculty of Mathematics and Informatics and the Faculty of Biology of Sofia University. International partners are the Department of Materials Science, ETH, Zurich, Switzerland and the Faculty of Chemistry, University of Barcelona, Spain.
The main objectives of the project are:
- Increase of the international reputation of Sofia University in the field of the project both within the international scientific community and in the World university rankings;
- Promoting scientific cooperation between teams from all partners’ institutions and increase the number of successful applications for EU funded research and innovation project from Sofia University with participation of teams from partner institutions;
- Strengthening the research management and administration skills of the team from Sofia University for proposal preparation and project management/administration;
- Enhancing the attractiveness of Sofia University for international researchers at different stages of their career – PhD students, postdocs, established researchers, etc., and increasing chances to attract back researchers with Bulgarian origin from abroad;
- Improving the research training of early stage researchers in Sofia University and increasing their international exposure by involving them into mobility and networking activities with early stage and other researchers from the partner institutions;
- Implementation of novel approaches in research and innovations in the field of the proposal based on the advances in collection, handling and analysis of research data and the methods of the artificial intelligence;
- Increasing capabilities of the project teams both from Sofia University and from partners to transform scientific excellence into innovations and their awareness for protection of IPR;
- The mutual benefits for the internationally leading scientific institutions and Sofia University will be exploration of new research avenues, join development of new approaches for research and innovations, increased mobility of qualified scientists.